Re:Origin of Triumph Engine???

To: "John Swanland" <swanland@cato.wesley.vic.edu.au>,
Subject: Re:Origin of Triumph Engine???
From: "Darby" <darby@tri-lakes.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 08:25:35 -0600
Mark, John, et al.:

I think that is true, and I am sure others will know the details and
history. It was probably the practical to do at the time. It is my
understanding that the early British automobile was not taxed based on
displacement or horsepower, but by the bore size, hence the predilection
for these old long-stroke engines.

Regards,

David F. Darby
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/4598