Re: MG 1999

To: Carol <car@intersatx.net>
Subject: Re: MG 1999
From: jello@dns.ida.net (Phil Bates)
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 12:49:51 -0700
I might have a shorter drive for you.  The Rallye Glenwood Springs is in the
middle of June.  It starts in Ft. Collins, CO, and ends in Glenwood Springs,
CO.  It is a great rallye, and the longest standing annual rallye in the US
- also started by the first female MG-TD owner in Colorado - I think (I know
it was a female MG owner, I'm not to confident on the first in CO, and the
TD).  Lots of mountain passes to go over, and very scenic.  I plan to be
there in a light blue MGA this year - last year I went in the BRG MGB.  I'm
hoping to get the Land Rover there next year.

>Barney, Lawrie...
>
>I say we can give it a "go". By then we can pare a presentation down to
>under two hours, don't ya' think?? ;-)
>
>Wow! Tahoe in June! In an MGA!  Works for me. Now ~I~ need to work for
>funds to get there!
>
>How about on the way back from (or on the way to) Canada and points west...
>from Toronto north to Hudson's Bay and thence west to NWT and Yukon....
>Then back into the states. Sounds like a nice run to me... wow!
>
>Carol
>

>At 01:06 AM 12/31/97 EST, Barney Gaylord wrote:
>>
>>On Tue, 30 Dec 1997 19:20:49 -0800 "Lawrie  Alexander"
>><Lawrie@britcars.com> writes:
>>>And to make the aqua even more opaque, the 1999 national convention of
>>NAMGAR (GT-24) will be hosted by the Sacramento Valley MG Car Club at the
>>Cal-Neva Resort at the north end of Lake Tahoe from June 23rd to 27th.
>>More details to be posted on a special Web-site nest year but, in the
>>meantime, if you have an MGA, we'd love to have you attend this event.
>>>
>>>Barney, if you could make it, would you be willing to do a presentation
>>on the Great Alaskan Trek"?
>>
>>Well, the presentation may be wearing a little thin by then, but we'll
>>see.  Waddayatink, Carol?  Taho is just a stone's throw away from
>>Chicago.  ;-)   Boy, I hope I don't have an autocross in Peoria that
>>weekend. (}8^))
>>
>>Barney Gaylord
>>1958 MGA with an attitude

Phil Bates