Re: Driving lamps, etc.

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Driving lamps, etc.
From: Mike Hartwig <mhartwig@cbu.edu>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 1998 09:26:23 -0600
At 12:47 AM 1/2/98 +0100, Christopher T Palmer wrote:
>>...extra 96 watts of light going onto the streets I feel much
>>safer now...Next on my list of improvements, is installation of Halogen
>>>headlamps.
>
>If ever we meet head on on the road, I'll send you my eye doctor bill! :)
>
>ctp

Hehe!  That's what my dad said to me.  He was even cautious about me
installing
these lamps, but these are driving lamps;  not headlights.  The beam is
highly
focused and does not scatter.  They are meant to light up the road well ahead
of me.  Unless I completely drop the ball and aim these at oncoming
drivers, no
light will ever hit the opposing lane of traffic.

There are several things I take very seriously:
Braking system.
Tires and suspension.
Seat belts.
And the lighting.

A failure of any of these components could be disastrous to me or another
individual.  There is no excuse for this, and it would deny the term
"Safety Fast!"

Let this be a lesson to any newcomers to this list as well as the old farts
like myself.  Don't skimp on these categories.  How valuable is your life?

Seriously
Jay