Re: 71 MGB Water Pump

To: BobMGT@aol.com, owner-mgs@Autox.Team.Net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 71 MGB Water Pump
From: MGSMGBGT <MGSMGBGT@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 1998 12:05:19 EST
In a message dated 1/3/98 5:04:32 AM, BobMGT@aol.com wrote:

<< How
tough is it to change the pump? Is there much disassembly involved? I hope
it's as easy as the TD. I think water pumps are one of those items that tend
to go bad in long term storage, also gas tanks, electrical contacts and
batteries.

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM>>

Pretty simple.  Drain the system, remove the hoses and the belts, remove the
fan and unbolt the pump.
British cars do not take sitting well.  They were designed to be driven, and
deteriorate quickly when left sitting.  So use them as they were intended to
be used.  They live better and last longer.  Sort of the motoring equivalent
to exercise is good for the heart.