Re: MGota

To: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (John McEwen)
Subject: Re: MGota
From: Benjamin Ruset <bruset@monmouth.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 1998 00:40:59 -0500
>Has anyone heard of or seen the installation of a Toyota Supra GTS twin cam
>six with 5 speed in an MGB?  The idea has been proposed to me by a fellow
>who has a crashed Supra.  At a glance, it doesn't look as though it would
>be too big, but it would be nice if I knew whether there are any major
>contraindications.  I know where there is a tired '71 which could stand
>some major improvements.

Wisdom gained from the list:

"There is not a problem that either a checkbook or high explosives can not
solve."

Wisdom gained from my mechanic:

"Anything is doable. All it takes is money."

Wisdom gained from my bank account balance:

"Hah. You're nuts."

In seriousness, yes, it most likely can be done. The problems will be with
engine mounts, making the transmission fit the body (and having the stick
come through the right place in the car) - COOLING - and electrical
components. The rover v8 seems to be more of an attractive solution for
those who want more power as it pretty much goes in, without as much
headache as putting a Toyota engine in would be.

Although, a Mazda rotary would be nice... =)

BEN RUSET - mailto:bruset@monmouth.com
MG Cars Webring - http://www.infi-pos.com/~oasis/mgring/index.html
Safety Fast!    - http://www.infi-pos.com/~oasis
Crossroads      - http://www.monmouth.com/~bruset