Rover 3.5L, 3.9L, 4.1L?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Rover 3.5L, 3.9L, 4.1L?
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner7@pilot.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 1998 04:00:17 +0000
> Was your choice of the Rover engine done because there are pieces readily
> available to bolt it into the B or was it because you wanted to keep it all
> Brit?.  I have thought about a couple of Buick engines which I wonder if
> anyone has used.  I am thinking specifically about the 3.8 V6 and the 2.8
> V6.  The old 3.8 can be a real bomb and there are lots of them around.  The
> 2.8 was used in a rear wheel drive configuration in the Camaro and the S10
> pickup.

Speaking of Rover engines, I've seen the 3.5L mentioned all over the
place as being a version of the Buick 215, but what are the Rover
3.9L and 4.1L, and where would you find them?  Are they distinct
engines used in production cars, or are they just bored and/or
stroked versions of the 3.5L?  I know I've asked this before, I just
can't remember the answer. (Pitfalls of being too quick to delete old
posts.)
        Also, I remembered seeing a web page for a company that did
installations of Rover v-8s in early Chrome-bumpered B's, but I tried
to find them with a search engine today and couldn't locate them.
Anybody have any clues to what the company name might have been?

Scott