Re: getting frustrated

To: british-cars@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: getting frustrated
From: Alan Lott <lottala@mail.auburn.edu>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 1998 18:23:39 -0600
Scott,

>Alan,
>       To me, the fact that the radio is "sputtering" on and off seems to
>be the telling point.  I'm assuming that you have a non-factory
>radio, so tell us, what wire did you tap off of for the switched 12V
>power to the radio?

I replaced the existing radio (factory??; very old unit) when I purchased
the car this summer, and used the same wiring. The radio installation
didn't coincide with the start of this problem (not to say that a loose
connection may not be the culpret). In fact, I hadn't done anything to the
car in quite a while when this problem started.

>       I don't know why an electrical problem would just happen on
>acceleration, unless there's a loose connection somewhere.  What
>happens if you change the RPMs by DECELERATING?

Deceleration is normal.

>       What happens if you rev the engine with the transmission in neutral?
>Scott

Engine runs perfectly in neutral.

Alan