Spring is Near... Buy an MGB-GT!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spring is Near... Buy an MGB-GT!
From: MGMagnette <MGMagnette@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 1998 19:58:37 EST
It was a wonderful warm day today in New Hampshire, and alot of snow melted,
and wouldn't you know it...  I found an MGB-GT in my yard that I thought was
just a pile of snow!  I asked my mother if I could keep it, seeing that it
just followed me home...  She said no.  Would you like to adopt this MGB-GT
for spring?

   Quite seriously, I've had this car for a couple of years and it was my
daily driver for a long time before I bought an XJ-S.  It looks very sharp,
runs very well, and at $4000 or best offer, is pretty darn cheap for such a
nice car.  Seeing as I nearly forgot I owned it, I might let it go a bit
cheaper.
   The Vital Statistics...
1973 MGB-GT in Butterscotch with a blue interior.  Regular 4-Speed with
Rostyle wheels.
 The body is...  in EXCELLENT condition.  The paint looks great, and half is
three years old and the other half is six months old.  You can't tell which is
the new paint and which is the older paint.  This car had new floors, new
sills, new fender halfs, new bonnet, etc, and therefor has NO RUST!!! with the
exception of maybe a speck here and there.  This is a $4000 or best offer car,
not a $10,000 one.
   The interior is...  in EXCELLENT condition.  The seats were totally
reupholstered a week before I stopped driving the car.  The carpets have
20,000 miles on them, but still look excellent, and with two new door panels
(some minor nicks-- approx cost is $80) the interior would be PERFECT.
   The mechanicals are...  in EXCELLENT condition.  (See a trend developing
here?).  The car was restored about 25,000 miles ago, so mechanically this car
technically has 25,000 miles on it.

So, why so cheap?  Basically, the color, which is original, turns stomachs.
Also, its a GT with Rostyles and not a Tourer with Wires.  And it isn't a show
car.  It has no problems, nothing needing attention...  but the car is one
step below a show car.  That is because I used to drive it so damn much.  Also
it is in NH, a state with little MG interest.

You interested?  Write me, or call me (603) 472-9751.  Want to see pictures?
Cut and paste the following URLs into your browser and take a peek!

http://members.aol.com/MGMagnette/mgpics/exterior.jpg
http://members.aol.com/MGMagnette/mgpics/interior.jpg
http://members.aol.com/MGMagnette/mgpics/front.jpg

Or, if your computer is so equipped and I did it right, use these links... (if
you don't see any words in blue, either I screwed up or your computer won't do
this)

<A HREF="">Exterior</A>
<A HREF="">Interior</A>
<A HREF="">Front</A>

Thanks for reading, and so sorry about wasting bandwidth with my commercial
ventures!
All proceeds benefit my 1959 MG Farina Magnette with BIG TAILFINS!

Thanks-

   John