Re: American Sports Car Trivia (no LBC)

To: "Scott Gardner" <gardner7@pilot.infi.net>
Subject: Re: American Sports Car Trivia (no LBC)
From: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (John McEwen)
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 1998 18:24:44 -0500
Hi Scott:

That's a bit of a toughie but here's one for you.  The first Buick Riviera
was built in 1949 and the name was used more or less continuously from then
on.  During a portion of that time the name was used on a four door car but
the bulk of them were two door sport coupes.  Another "sport coupe" dating
from even earlier is the Cadillac Coupe deVille from 1948.

The Corvette, 1953, would have to be next of existing American sports
cars/sport coupes as is the Cadillac Eldorado which was considered a
"sports car" at its introduction and has always been a sports
coupe/convertible.

These were followed by Thunderbird 1955-1997.  Of course the Thunderbird
was a four door for a few years in the late sixties and seventies.

After that I'm stumped.

What was your answer?

John