More Cylinder Head Studs

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: More Cylinder Head Studs
From: Chris Delling <saschris@flash.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 1998 20:30:24 -0500
Well, based on the responses recieved, I will use some anti-seize compound.
 However a new question has arisen that needs an answer.  Some have
mentioned that the studs should be bottomed out in their holes.  This is
contrary to what I was told previously.  Seems like if you bottom the stud,
and it then rotates while tightening, that a load will be transfered to the
block casting, and this load will increase when the block heats up,
increasing the likelihood of developing cracks in the block.

Any comments?

Regards,

Chris Delling