How loong is the rod?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: How loong is the rod?
From: Ron Madurski <rmadursk@galaxy.galstar.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 23:19:53 -0600 (CST)

Back to my clutch problem...

Before I put any effort into puting the engine/tranny back in my Midget,
I realy would like to know how long the pushrod for the clutch mechanism
is supposed to be?  Please, someone who sells these things or has one
lying around go measure it and let me know.  Mine is 3" longand it looks
like it has been welded on.  Whether it is longer or shorter than
original is my dilemna.

Thanks.

BTW, the car is a 79 MG Midget and I was unsuccessful in getting the
clutch to disengage.  The Master/Slave Cylinders are both brand new.
All of the mechanisms and the clutch itself are in excellent condition.
I am going to make a power bleeder and rebleed (again).  One guy
mentioned that the slave on those cars have a tendency to hold air even
thought the bleed doesn't produce any bubbles.

I would like to reinstall the engine this weekend so I really need an
answer soon.  If the rod is the wrong length I want to replace it before
I do that.

--
Ron Madurski
rmadursk@galaxy.galstar.com