RE: Long distance towing

To: "Scott Wagner" <c332959@h281.mdc.com>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Long distance towing
From: "RossOvercash" <jroverca@tiac.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 21:17:14 -0500
Scott to tow your MG you must either raise the rear wheels off the ground
and secure the steering wheel or remove the drive shaft from the flange at
the differential (four bolts) and tie it up.  This will prevent the trany
from excessive wear. I have towed my MG using a tow dolly on two occasions.
Both trips were in excess of 1200 miles, with no ill effects.

I really have no experience with tow bars.  I imagine one would need to be
extremely careful where the tow bar attached to the car to ensure a solid
and safe tow!

Safety Fast !!!

Ross Overcash, 74B, NAMGBR 2-1172, Ayer MA
http://www.tiac.com/users/jroverca/index.htm