Re: Long distance towing -Reply

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Long distance towing -Reply
From: Matt Kulka <Matt.Kulka@hboc.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 1998 14:52:57 -0500
I have neither wire wheels, nor a car that I'll be towing (leave alone
even driving in reverse since the dang motor's in pieces), but this sure
looks like an interesting phenomenon.  Anyone care to explain the
details?

Larry Macy:
I think if you want to use the B for a
daily driver your best bet would be a dolly that you could back the car
onto. Secure the steering wheel so the front (now rear) of the car won't
wander.  Then drive off and away you go!!

Bob Allen:
There might be a little, teensy, caveat about towing a wire-wheeled car
backwards. You know, the part about the wheels falling off?

Larry Macy:
Oh Man,
Hell of a good point. I have a friend whom has a Tr***ph that had a
wheel
fall of while in reverse in a corner and it did tear up the front end
and
the brake rotor etc.
Sorry I missed that point.