Re: Aftermarket stereos (WAS)Sales Slips & Stuff

To: Benjamin Ruset <bruset@monmouth.com>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Aftermarket stereos (WAS)Sales Slips & Stuff
From: Jurgen Hartwig <gt0003a@prism.gatech.edu>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 1998 16:16:51 -0500
At 02:56 PM 1/8/98 -0500, Benjamin Ruset wrote:

>Re: 8 Track

>I'm trying to decide whether or not to keep the 8 track in the car or replace

>it with a modern stereo. Since the car is *not* going to be a concours car,

>I'm

>strongly considering getting a detachable face CD player, 2 6x9's and 2 4"

>speakers for the doors. Anybody have any experience w/ setting up aftermarket

>stereos in B's?

Not too much work.  One word of caution: Check you clearance for a CD player.

I can only fit a 5 7/8" deep stereo into my '70 MGB, and that is still a huge
stretch.

Simplest thing I've seen for speakers is to place some shallow depth speakers
into doors.  Maybe some behind seat.  A subwoofer in the extra battery
compartment is nice, but is a lot of work.  Also, fiberglass boxes for speakers
mounted to the kick panel is a lot of work.  But it looks and sounds great.
I'd say for MGs, keep the speakers as close to you as possible, so they don't
get drowned out in the road noise.

jay

Jurgen Hartwig, Civil Engineering, Georgia Tech

and the world rejoiced

Try to live your life so that

when you die you will rejoice

and the world will cry.