Sales Slips & Stuff (WAS) Re: MG Color Names

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Sales Slips & Stuff (WAS) Re: MG Color Names
From: Benjamin Ruset <bruset@monmouth.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 1998 14:56:01 -0500
>And hey, the original purchase order is for $3,848.00 including delivery,
>Waxoyling, tonneau, and AM/FM radio!=A0=20

Wow! Prices went up!

My 1978 MGB cost US$6,151.00

Included in this was:

(quoting from my sales slip)

AM/FM/MPX 8 Track - $231.00 (see below for comments)
4 speed synchro gearbox - n/c
Alternator - n/c (wouldn't want to order a car without one of these!)
Power Brakes-Front disc - n/c
Radial Ply Tires (note spelling) - n/c
Tachometer/Trip Odometer - n/c
Fuel,Oil,Water Temp Gauges - n/c
Clock - n/c
Map Light - n/c
Cigarette Lighter - n/c
Center Console w/Armrest - n/c
Lockable Glove Box - n/c
Tonneau Cover - n/c

I wonder why they listed all the base stuff

They should have added:

Paint - n/c
Brakes - n/c
Windshield - n/c
etc.

Re: 8 Track

I'm trying to decide whether or not to keep the 8 track in the car or=
 replace
it with a modern stereo. Since the car is *not* going to be a concours car,
I'm
strongly considering getting a detachable face CD player, 2 6x9's and 2 4"
speakers for the doors. Anybody have any experience w/ setting up=
 aftermarket
stereos in B's?

Oh... and what is the multiplex (MPX) for the 8 track for? Forgive me, but I
was born into the tail end of the 8 track era, and while they've got pretty
good sound quality, I've pretty much been spoiled by CD's!

BEN RUSET - mailto:bruset@monmouth.com
MG Cars Webring - http://www.infi-pos.com/~oasis/mgring/index.html
Safety Fast!    - http://www.infi-pos.com/~oasis
Crossroads      - http://www.monmouth.com/~bruset