Re: Driving lamps, etc. -Reply

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Driving lamps, etc. -Reply
From: Matt Kulka <Matt.Kulka@hboc.com> (by way of stuart farmer <k7wf@tdn.com>)
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 1998 15:25:21 -0800
Matt Kulka wrote:
Okay, I can visualize getting a cheap ammeter and connecting it between
a battery post and cable to find out how much various things load my
charging system.  But you can't very well measure the draw of your
coil's primary and secondary circuits (because the alternator never runs
without that load.)  As a point of curiousity, does anyone know how much
juice it takes just to create the sparks?

Also, what the heck is the formula for watts, voltage and amperes again?
 I haven't used it since high school.

Matt Kulka.
'74 B - with driving lights all right - mounted right there in the
fenders where God intended them to be.

The answer would be found in Ohms Law:
              I=E/R   or  E=IR  or  R=E/I and P = (I x I) x R

                   Where I stands for current in amps
                         E is the Voltage
                         R is the resistance in Ohms
                         P is the Power in Watts

Hope this helps..........Cheerio, Stuart   '79 MGB