Re: Going on an pilgramage

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Going on an pilgramage
From: Christopher Palmer <ctp@gbn.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 1998 19:33:02 -0800
At 5:03 PM -0800 1/9/98, charlie schellinck wrote:
>I am going to rome and italy with my school and G.F. and we stop over in
>england for 1 day would I be abel to rent an MGF for a day if so what do I
>need and keep in mind I am only 16:->
>Chip, Chip, Cheerio!
>Adam Schellinck
>1973 BRG MGB Roadster in 1 millon pieces and reassembeling!

As far as renting an MGF for a day, at 16, in GB for 1 day...I wish you
MUCH luck.

What do you need?  Go to your local AAA and get your international drivers
license (hey listers, they still do those right?).   Look for a
dealer/renter in a quieter area (before you go over, get a copy of MG World
(and let me know where YOU found it ;-) or MG Enthusiast, and look for a
place that rents them)

...Don't rent it in the middle of London.  I used to live there, and all
you need is to cut your MGF driving teeth with you on the wrong side of the
car, and your car on the wrong side of the road, and you'll probably want
to go look at something like Picadilly Circus, and you'll go driving down
there and get SQUISHED between a Leyland double decker bus and a fiberglass
Austin taxi look-alike because the 'Rock Circus' or Sega Land catches your
eye at the wrong moment...

You get the idea.

ctp