Re: NO LBC

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: NO LBC
From: Benjamin Ruset <bruset@monmouth.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 01:26:19 -0500
>BEN>=A0 ARGH! Songs that I grew up with are now oldies??? Man! Where's my
>geritol?
>
>SCOTT>=A0 I get the same thing with a lot of my younger friends.=A0 They
>don't realize that not only are a lot of new songs covers, many more new
>songs have bits and pieces of older songs that have been copied directly.
> The most recent ones I can think of are the laugh in "Macarena" sampled
>from Yaz, the entire background in "legend of a female cowboy" is from
>Donovan's "Sunshine Superman", and remember Vanilla Ice's "Ice, Ice,
>Baby, that used the same intro from Queen/David Bowie's "Under Pressure"?

I wasn't saying that they songs may or may not have been remakes. When=
 "Mony,
Mony" and other assorted 80s pop is "oldies" then.... heh, like I said --=
 it's
time to increase the fiber in my diet! =3D)

BEN RUSET - mailto:bruset@monmouth.com
MG Cars Webring - http://www.infi-pos.com/~oasis/mgring/index.html
Safety Fast!    - http://www.infi-pos.com/~oasis
Crossroads      - http://www.monmouth.com/~bruset