NO LBC

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: NO LBC
From: richard.arnold@juno.com (Richard D. Arnold)
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 1998 21:33:02 EST
BEN>  ARGH! Songs that I grew up with are now oldies??? Man! Where's my
geritol?

SCOTT>  I get the same thing with a lot of my younger friends.  They
don't realize that not only are a lot of new songs covers, many more new
songs have bits and pieces of older songs that have been copied directly.
 The most recent ones I can think of are the laugh in "Macarena" sampled
from Yaz, the entire background in "legend of a female cowboy" is from
Donovan's "Sunshine Superman", and remember Vanilla Ice's "Ice, Ice,
Baby, that used the same intro from Queen/David Bowie's "Under Pressure"?

RICH's $0.02>  You know you're getting old when the songs you grew up
with make late night TV as a K-Tel collection....