Re: Heater removal

To: jmc987@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Heater removal
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 16:27:02 EST
On Tue, 13 Jan 98 20:08:50 -0800 Joseph Cianciotti <jmc987@earthlink.net>
writes:
>How do I go about removing the heater assembly from my car?  Is it
>just a
>matter undoing a few screws and hoses and lifting it out?  Or is there
>
>more to it? (I know there's usually more to it.  I'd just like to know
>
>how much I'm in for.)
>
>Joseph
>67 Roadster

Joseph,
  There is a bit more to it, but not a massive amount.
  Dont forget to disconnect the air valve control wire at the base of the
heater box.( My method is to disconnect the cable from the dash control
and after loosening the heater box, lift the box upward to gain easier
access to the connection.
  Also, the defroster tubes will have to be removed from their junction
with the heater box. Accessible from behind the radio console. A bit
fiddely, but not difficult.
  Remove the blower motor and set it aside.
After removing the screws at the base of the box, and the single bolt on
the firewalll, the box may still be reluctant to come loose. with a
screwdriver, gentle pry the seal between the box flange and the body.
Most times the seal, as it ages, acquires many of the properties of glue.
Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget