Re: What is a NOS part?

To: darby@tri-lakes.net
Subject: Re: What is a NOS part?
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner7@pilot.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 01:28:53 +0000
> Hello Bob:
>
> It's New Old Stock. Implying that it is an original factory (or otherwise)
> replacement part as opposed to parts manufactured later.
>
> David F. Darby
> http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/4598

After posting my original answer to the question, I got to thinking.
Does a part have to be "old" to be considered "new old stock"?  Would
the new Heritage bodyshells count, since they are produced on the
same equipment, of the same materials, and often by the same
operators?  (Ignore the new electrophoretic coating for the purposes
of the answer.)
        Scott