Re: aftermarket air-cleaner assemblies

To: karim.marouf@cancom.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: aftermarket air-cleaner assemblies
From: Skip Kelsey <kelsey@value.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 21:59:21 -0800
Karim:

It has been my experience that MGBs do not run well with aftermarket air
cleaners. The stock carbs are almost too small for the engine. You cant run
enough fuel thru the needles available. # 6 is about as rich as you can go.
You will experience a lean mixture at hiway speeds. I have seen this over
and over again. THe only way that you can use higher airflow air cleaners
is to go to one and three quarter carbs, and run a SY needle. Then all is
well. Anyway thats what I have come up with after much experimenting.

Cheers: