Re: aftermarket air-cleaner assemblies

To: "MG digest submit" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: aftermarket air-cleaner assemblies
From: Phil Raby <mgworld@chp.ltd.uk>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 98 11:17:22 -0000
On 18/1/98 9:04 am mgs-owner@autox.team.net said

>> Over the years, we have tested various air cleaners on MGBs and always
>> concluded that the original factory ones are the most efficient.

The MGF certainly benefits noticeably from a freeflow aircleaner.
Changing the exhaust makes even more of a difference.

Look out for a number of MGF tuning kits about to hit the market.

My experience of SU carbs on older cars is that you need to change the
needles to compensate for increased airflow. Also, the air entering the
engine should be as cold as possible.

Philip Raby
Editor, MG World
PO Box 163, Bicester OX6 3YS, UK
Tel: 01869 340061 Fax: 01869 340063 Mobile 0467 767361
www.chp.ltd.uk