RE: Guage Lenses

To: "'MG List'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Guage Lenses
From: DANIEL RAY <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 15:13:23 -0600
Thanks all for the suggestions and help.=20
The little "worm tracks" I was referring to aren't cracks from what I =
can tell, but if polishing the lenses doesn't work, I'm sure =
replacements shouldn't be too hard locally or otherwise. Of course, out =
here in the boonies, I might be outta luck, but I'm sure someone in =
Louisville can fabricate them. They must be glass and not plastic, since =
plastic would haze and crack as old as these things are.
Furthermore, can the guages be pulled out enough to loosen the bezel, or =
do they have to be completely removed from the dash? It sounds like they =
just screw off and if I could just ease them out enough to unscrew the =
bezel.... Is this correct?=20
This is lowest priority on the list, since they all work and are =
visible. My right rear brake assembly is a nasty, gunky mess from a =
blown cylinder which has disintegrated the shoes, and the rotors look =
like some kid has used them for target practice with a pellet gun, so =
that's top of the list! (More to follow on the brake job, I'm sure.)
I'm having fun! Now I'm going outside to take the gibbonizer to all =
those little dash pieces and widgets and see how far I can get without =
any more money, since there is none 'til payday. :)
Dan
'73 B
Ft. Knox, KY