LBC parts sale "FYI", Rubber Bumpers, Racing Midgets

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: LBC parts sale "FYI", Rubber Bumpers, Racing Midgets
From: HORNERLJH <HORNERLJH@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 12:43:03 EST
Just an "FYI" for those of you who will miss the Harrod's Sale and have some
of the "ready" burning a hole in your pocket; it looks like Vicky Brit has
sent out a Winter Special Sale catalog.  If you didn't get one, dial them on
1-800-255-0088 in the States.  I have no financial interest in them other than
feeling like a minor shareholder, if you know what I mean.

On Rubber Bumper MG's, "Thoroughbred & Classic Cars" magazine, January 1998
issue, has a lead article and cover photo on the subject.  It only hit my
newsstand recently.  You guys in Blighty hoarding the good stuff from us
Colonials again!

If anyone out there races a Midget in an unmodified (showroom) condition
vintage series I would like to hear from you.  I am interested in which series
you race, prefer, or recommend (SCCA, etc.), what safety modifications are
generally required, how "stock" the car can remain, and any other pertinent
details.  I am familiar with racing, but not in the vintage bracket.  I have
access to two race prep shops in my area, but I am looking for some
independent opinions before deciding upon a course of action.  {We run 2
British Van Diemen FF2000 cars in the northeastern U.S. from the old Alliance
& Leicester sponsored series.  For those of you in the U.K. these are 2 of
Mike Dalton's Delta Racing Team cars.}
Regards, Jack Horner, 1975 MG Midget
New Canaan Motorsports
hornerljh@aol.com