Re: More to Re: MG keeps quitting -Reply

To: Blake Wylie <bwylie@hiwaay.net>
Subject: Re: More to Re: MG keeps quitting -Reply
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 16:42:50 +0000
Blake Wylie wrote:
> The main thing that is odd about this is, is that after it quits, I'll turn
> off the ingnition...as soon as I turn it back on, the pump pumps like the
> float bowls are empty (which is I guess true).

This is a classic (ho!) fuel pump symptom.  If it was a blockage between pump
and
carbs the pump would be pressurising the fuel line whether the ignition was on
or
off.  It could be a blockage on the tank side, though.  Suction from the pump
holding
it against the pickup, turn ignition off, pump relaxes suction, blockage drops
away,
turn ignition on, pump pumps till it picks up the debris again.

PaulH.