Re: B Engine Numbers

To: "David F. Darby" <darby@tri-lakes.net>
Subject: Re: B Engine Numbers
From: Williams/MG Guy <mgguyc100@newedge.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 15:48:37 -0700 (MST)
At 22:41 19/01/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Hello Terry:
>
>Your GT has a GH series engine which is correct for Oct 68 -- Aug 70. The
>first MGB 1800s were 18G (1962-64), then came 18GA, GB, GC..., GH, and so
>on until the 18V series (1971-80). So the first H is just part of the
>engine series designation.

(Snip)
>You know, it might not be too healthy to know all these numbers. I'd be
careful.

>Regards,
>
>David F. Darby
>Ozarks Highlands, Missouri, USA

David:

Thanks for your response. I've got the Clausager book - just missed looking
through it for the info. BTW, call me paranoid, but those are not the actual
#s. I scrambled 'em B4 posting. Excellent point, however.

And again, thanks for the advice.

Terry "Got It Straight" Williams
'79 BGT
'68 roadster