Re: Unleaded Fuel???

To: Mx6perform <Mx6perform@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Unleaded Fuel???
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 11:53:07 -0600
Mx6perform wrote:

> Two more stupid questions.... My 76' MGB does not need leaded gas right?!?

If you're still running the catalytic converter, leaded gas will harm it and,
over time, restrict exhaust flow. OTOH: Unleaded gas should not harm the motor
and has sufficient octane for a stock or mildly enhanced motor.

> Also I am not very fond of carbs. and was wondering if there are any EFI kits
> out there for my car.

No. Not commercially.--
Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6, '61Elva(?)
Bumper sticker: "Honk if you haven't had sex with Clinton"