Norrisville

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Norrisville
From: miker15@juno.com (michael j robson)
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 22:53:49 EST
Just sat down to read my mail after watching the Broncos hand Green Bay
their arses!
JUST LIKE I SAID THEY WOULD - I DID I DID I DID!! (AND WON A TENNER ON
IT)
so it has been a succesful day!

The alarm went off at 5 a.m. - not especially different from a work day
but it was 15 degrees, about half an inch of snow, and those of you with
13 year old sons (or similar) will know that it isnt easy to wake what
otherwise might be percieved as the deceased!
On the road by six and the first couple of miles (which are partially
dirt roads) were your basic 24 hour rally stuff! - I took a jeep, mostly
beacause we were picking up David D but also because i dont want to spend
next weekend washing salt off every crevice!
An uneventful run to Ian Penders where we arrived at nine - David even
beat me there in his sons 72 which now has so much new metal its
practically a Heritage shell! - looking good though. Ian was returning
today from practicing his accent in Glasgow so we missed him. Those of
you who know Ian (and i hope he's reading this) will appreciate that
there will be little or no point in attempting conversation with him for
a few days while he reacclimatizes!!!
We made it to Norristown by about 10.30 which was a little too late to
pick up the overdrives for $50 or the $25 hardtops (somehow im always too
late for those!)       but there was a good array of vendors and i picked
up several items from my present shopping list (front scuttle, NOS
overrider ) plus a couple of bits and pieces i didn't know i needed
(rainy day stuff y'know)
David already mentioned the myriad folk from the list so i wont trot them
out again, however, special kudos should go to Larry Macy who arrived in
his Midget TOP DOWN and complete with a Dr Who scarf which had an
interesting embroidery of a vivisected cat!
Back on the road just after lunch (thanks David) we made it home half way
through the first quarter!! - 386miles and 22 gallons of gas later. An
excellent day -

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT