RE: Was" Not in Canada eh?, Pity...." Now just another off topic

To: "EPMD- Van syckel, John" <vansyck@hq.1perscom.heidelberg.army.mil>,
Subject: RE: Was" Not in Canada eh?, Pity...." Now just another off topic
From: "doug russell" <dr-doug@classic.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 98 15:36:09 UT

> On 25 Jan 98  some liberal type wrote the following gobbly goop:

<SNIP> ...
has no leaded petrol, one has to have a catalytic converter to drive during
 ozone alerts (windscreen sticker),  petrol guzzlers pay a much higher
 tax, seat belt use is mandatory, can't think of many new cars without
 at least driver side air bags, emissions inspections are yearly,
 safety inspections are bi-annual (and are so extensive that I know of
 no one that does not fear them to the very quick of their soul),
 childeren under 12 must sit in child seats in the rear.  In fact, some
 politicians are trying to ban non-catalytic cars completely and make
 petrol DM 5 per litre (that's about $2.75 per PINT, you can figure out
 price per gallon.  O.K., I will - around $22.00 per gallon - THAT will
 cut down your unnecessary trips to the grocery).  I could probably go
 on.  But, that doesn't sound like people who don't care as much about
 the environment or safety.
 <END SNIP>

You're right it doesn't ...it sounds like Al Gore!!!!!!  I sure hope Bill
Clinton can weather this latest sex storm otherwise we're in big trouble here
in the states!

Dr. Doug