Re: FCC and Internet Access (OFF TOPIC!)

To: Benjamin Ruset <bruset@monmouth.com>,
Subject: Re: FCC and Internet Access (OFF TOPIC!)
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 19:48:53 -0500
Benjamin Ruset wrote:
> Your telcos must not be as greedy as ours then. ISDN is $150 a month for like
> 100 hours here. ADSL will be as much, if not more expensive. Plus you have to
> buy the modem, etc.

  ADSL is cheaper than ISDN. Also, the ADSL "modem" (not really
a modem though) is included in the $65CDN/month.

> You also forget, ASDL is 25x the speed of analog modems. Cable is
> (conservatively) 100x faster than dialup.

  You also forget, we've had cable modems for years here and
we know what they are like in real life not just reading
specs.

  ADSL kicks it up and down. It just plain does. The cable
modem industry here is coming to an end.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada