Re: FCC and Internet Access (OFF TOPIC!)

To: tboicey@brit.ca
Subject: Re: FCC and Internet Access (OFF TOPIC!)
From: miker15@juno.com (michael j robson)
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 16:31:38 EST
On Thu, 29 Jan 1998 19:48:53 -0500 Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
writes:
>Benjamin Ruset wrote:
>> Your telcos must not be as greedy as ours then. ISDN is $150 a month
>for like
>> 100 hours here. ADSL will be as much, if not more expensive. Plus
>you have to
>> buy the modem, etc.
>
>  ADSL is cheaper than ISDN. Also, the ADSL "modem" (not really
>a modem though) is included in the $65CDN/month.
>
>> You also forget, ASDL is 25x the speed of analog modems. Cable is
>> (conservatively) 100x faster than dialup.
>
>  You also forget, we've had cable modems for years here and
>we know what they are like in real life not just reading
>specs.
>
>  ADSL kicks it up and down. It just plain does. The cable
>modem industry here is coming to an end.
>
>--
>Trevor Boicey
>Ottawa, Canada
>tboicey@brit.ca
>http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/

Whats wrong with this picture?? (chuckle)
Do you suppose someone has pirated Trevors
email(teeHee)
Is there an "evil twin" Trevor??
Not only is this unashamedly off topic(chortle,shoulders
trembling)but Ive never seen Trevor use an expression like
"ASDL kicks it up and down" (holding hand over mouth to
suppress bellowing laugh)
Im not complaining y'know, (tho i have no clue what theyre
talking about) - it just struck me as funnny!
Keep going chaps -

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
72 roadster

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]