Re: Sinking feeling about Internet (No LBC)

To: mowogmg@pil.net
Subject: Re: Sinking feeling about Internet (No LBC)
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner7@pilot.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 16:41:12 +0000
> > I agree, the same goes for cpu speed, and RAM.  I don't think we will ever
> > get ahead!!
>

> This is what Moore's Law is all about.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Kai Radicke -- kmr@pil.net -- 1966 MGB @ http://www.pil.net/~mowogmg

Kai,
        Actually, Moore's law says nothing about what users will DO with
increased power or bandwidth.  All he said was that the amount of
electronics that can be placed on a given size chip will double every
two years. (It's been bastardized to "every 18 months", but his
original statement was every two years.  It's been frightenly
accurate for more than just silicon real estate.  Hard drive cost per
meg has followed it pretty closely as well.
Scott