MG weekend / what up? topic

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MG weekend / what up? topic
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 20:38:41 -0600 (CST)
Hi Ho All,
Hoping that Adam's (Son) car gets finished this weekend. It's been
about six weeks since he smacked it up, resulting in an excelerated
restoration of his 72 MGB. It's turned into an "as long as we're at it
thing" now. We've replaced the fenders, front bumper, grill, radiator,
engine, clutch (of course), right chassie section, passenger floor,
rocker, inner side panel, castle and rear right quarter half. All that
is left is the driver's side rocker and rear quarter half and then it's
paint time. Adam's shooting to complete before MG 98.

I just want my 77 B back so the 75B can go back to weekend duties. Got
to make a big choice real soon. Do I finish up the already started (two
years ago) 79 B restoration / chrome bumper conversion project or
should go full steam on the 58 Austin Wagon? I'm leaning towards the
Austin as I will already have three road worthy Bs in the driveway.

I have not had much time to do it myself lately, working 6 days (5 as
construction production superviser and 1 as tow truck driver). Driving
the B's alot on daily basis. I'm more than ready for the warmer weather
and the start of the events season. Looking forward to seeing many of
you at Carlisle again this year. Adam will be there with the 72 also
(his first Carlisle). So that's what up around these Long Island parts
with us.

Safety Fast,
David Deutsch
Membership Coordinator