oil filter

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: oil filter
From: Jason Sawyer <jason.sawyer@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 1998 17:52:56 -0800
Could someone please cross reference this oil filter for me? Does anyone
know what year or range of years used this filter? Why does the parts
book list a different (larger) filter than I have installed now?

The filter is blue with white lettering. It has a logo, and under the
logo says (I think) Beck / Arnley  Worldparts. Under that is are the
numbers:  041-8988

I'm looking for a more common company's equivalent, i.e.. Fram

Thanks in advance!!!

Jason
79 MGB Roadster

--
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail. Travel too fast and
you miss all you are traveling for."  -Louis L'Amour