Re: MGB Seat Diaphragm

To: "Richard A. Boris" <borisri@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: MGB Seat Diaphragm
From: "John J. Peloquin" <peloquin@mamba.bio.uci.edu>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 17:09:56 -0800 (PST)
I ordered my seat diaphragms from Northwest Import and had no problem with
them. You just have to stretch the bejezus out of them to get them on.

On Mon, 2 Feb 1998, Richard
A. Boris wrote:

=%OHi Everyone:
=%O
=%ONeed help from the list: I am presently restoring the seats for a
=%O1966/67 MGB Roadster and need the foam kit. I had a conversation with
=%Othe Proper MG today about the kit they which includes all the foam,
=%Odiaphragm, and seat back stiffener. The sales person told me that there
=%Ohave been problems with the diaphragms being manufactured undersized,
=%Othus preventing them from being installed wit the hooks. They are
=%Opresently back ordering the diaphragms to a new manufacturer. Did anyone
=%Oon the list have this problem?, or is it that some technique such as
=%Ousing a hair dryer to expand the rubber during installation was not
=%Oused. Nice of a supplier to tell you of a problem before your order.
=%O
=%O                                                     Thanks: Rich Boris, 67
B Roadster
=%O

"Never ascribe to Malice that which can be explained by Ignorance"

John J. Peloquin
Molecular Biology &
  Biochemistry
3205 BioSciences II