Re: MGB Seat Diaphragm...

To: craigw@sonic.net
Subject: Re: MGB Seat Diaphragm...
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 15:37:36 EST
On Tue, 03 Feb 1998 10:11:57 -0800 Craig Wiper <craigw@sonic.net> writes:
 So, I took my seat foam and sliced it in
>half. With the early diaphragms, there is enough support to get away
>with
>this. Now I sit low enough in the car, and I've got better seat
>support. It
>was kind of a pain, though, trying to cut the foam without ruining it.
>
>Craig Wiper
>early '74B

I did this to a foam once a long time ago and a guy showed me a trick
that makes it
fairly easy
Use one of those electric cutting wires that are used for cutting
polystyrene tiles,
make cuts in the bottom of the foam about one inch deep and spaced apart
the
width of the tool - it is then just a matter of shaving off the excess in
4 or 5 swipes

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
72 roadster

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]