Re: MGB Seat Diaphragm...

To: miker15@juno.com
Subject: Re: MGB Seat Diaphragm...
From: Craig Wiper <craigw@sonic.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 1998 16:51:40 -0800
You know, that is exactly what I wanted at the time. I know that
experimental aircraft builders use this technique to shape the foam cores
they use on their planes, but I didn't look for one assuming that it was
something I would probably have to make, instead of buy. And for the job I
needed done, I figured that with a little care I could get fairly decent
results with the tools I had. I believe I used a hand saw. I did chew the
foam up a bit, but it is all hidden in the long run.
Craig W.
early '74B

>I did this to a foam once a long time ago and a guy showed me a trick
>that makes it
>fairly easy
>Use one of those electric cutting wires that are used for cutting
>polystyrene tiles,
>make cuts in the bottom of the foam about one inch deep and spaced apart
>the
>width of the tool - it is then just a matter of shaving off the excess in
>4 or 5 swipes
>
>mike robson
>69 roadster
>70 BGT
>72 roadster

>Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Craig Wiper
craigw@sonic.net
http://www.sonic.net/~craigw