Re: Convertible Top Seal strips for 1960 MGA

To: "Eric R. Stephen" <bk996@freenet.carleton.ca>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Convertible Top Seal strips for 1960 MGA
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 18:58:24 -0800
Whoever you spoke to is absolutely right! There never were sealing strips
between the top and the windshield on an MGA. The gap was made air- and
water-tight (at least, by MG standards) by the flap of top material that
wraps around the header rail and hangs down over the top of the windshield
when the top is in place.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center

----------
> From: Eric R. Stephen <bk996@freenet.carleton.ca>
> To: mgs@autox.team.net
> Subject: Convertible Top Seal strips for 1960 MGA
> Date: Tuesday, February 03, 1998 4:25 PM
>
> ***********************************
> Just received VB's Winter Special catalog (WS.16).  On page 6, they list
> convertible top seals for MGB and MGC, no MGA!!  Speaking with one of the
> sales reps and he tells me that no MGA saeals are available, although
both
> the manufacturers names "Robbins" and "Crown" were mentioned.  Does
anyone
> have an email/www address for either (or both) of these companies?
> TIA,
>
> Eric (still iced in in Ottawa, Canada)
>
> --
>          ' ' '          Great is the truth and mighty above all things;
>       (  o   o )        It endureth and is always strong;
> <---ooO---(_)---Ooo---> It liveth and conquereth for ever more.
> 1960 MGA Roadster       The more thou searchest, the more thou shalt
marvel.