Re: Numbers

To: rread <rread@vlint.com>
Subject: Re: Numbers
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 1998 20:19:02 +0000
rread wrote:

> I have found a set of numbers on my 69 MGB I can not identify. They are
> on a little plate inside the egine compartment on the drivers side. The
> plate reads "MGBU 019970".  It does not come close to any number in the
> commission number or the vin number. Can you guys help?? Thanks

This is probably what Clausager refers to as "One of the two body number tags
commonly found on early roadsters.  This is the MGB-prefixed number on the
riveted
tag.  On Mark I cars this was found on the left-hand wing valance in the engine
bay
behind the radiator, just about on a level with the carburettors, but on this
1969
Mark II model the tag has moved just forward of the radiator diaphragm panel".

PaulH.