RE: Gas Tank

To: "Craig Wiper" <craigw@sonic.net>, "Craig Wiper" <craigw@sonic.net>,
Subject: RE: Gas Tank
From: "doug russell" <dr-doug@classic.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 98 23:35:28 UT
Richard,

I used the white sludge to repair some leaks in my 69 Beater tank - real easy
to do once you get the tank out.  That was about 6 years ago and the tank held
up for about a year.  Now I just don't fill it beyond 3/4 full and still no
leaks as long as I don't park on any inclines.  I'm with Craig on this one.
I'm buying a new tank when this car's turn comes up for some new parts.
Depending on the type and year of car you are talking about, a new gas tank
could be a viable option.  For example, if you have a Mk II, a new tank will
set you back about $120, A Mark I tank will set you back about $450 while a
Mark III tank will set you back about $170.  Of course, we're no experts on
tank sludge so you may want to ignore this.

Dr. Doug

69 C Rdst
69 C GT
69 B Rdst