Re: Was some legal mumbo jumbo but is now "Most Bizarre Suicide"

To: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Subject: Re: Was some legal mumbo jumbo but is now "Most Bizarre Suicide"
From: "John J. Peloquin" <peloquin@mamba.bio.uci.edu>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 13:04:45 -0800 (PST)
Dear Mike,

Thanks for the clarification. As a scientist, I try to maintain an informed
scepticism and I was just about to apologize for my doubts about the
murdered suicide victim.

The lawerly questions this scenario called up reminded me very much of my
grade school catechism classes when the parish priest would attempt to
answer catechism questions from some very inventive (and perhaps bizarre)
children. The typical "stump the padre" questions involved one's
obligations to refrain from eating meat on Fridays or mass attendence when
you crossed the international date line or were shot into space or some
other singularly unusual circumstance.

"Never ascribe to Malice that which can be explained by Ignorance"

John J. Peloquin
Molecular Biology &
  Biochemistry
3205 BioSciences II