Re: Was some legal mumbo jumbo but is now "Most Bizarre Suicide"

To: peloquin@mamba.bio.uci.edu
Subject: Re: Was some legal mumbo jumbo but is now "Most Bizarre Suicide"
From: miker15@juno.com (michael j robson)
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 1998 17:49:50 EST
On Mon, 9 Feb 1998 13:04:45 -0800 (PST) "John J. Peloquin"
<peloquin@mamba.bio.uci.edu> writes:
>Dear Mike,
>
>Thanks for the clarification. As a scientist, I try to maintain an
>informed
>scepticism and I was just about to apologize for my doubts about the
>murdered suicide victim.
>
>The lawerly questions this scenario called up reminded me very much of
>my
>grade school catechism classes when the parish priest would attempt to
>
>answer catechism questions from some very inventive (and perhaps
>bizarre)
>children. The typical "stump the padre" questions involved one's
>obligations to refrain from eating meat on Fridays or mass attendence
>when
>you crossed the international date line or were shot into space or
>some
>other singularly unusual circumstance.
>
>"Never ascribe to Malice that which can be explained by Ignorance"
>
>John J. Peloquin

I  attended a pretty standard English Primary (elementary) school in
England
and at the age of nine was summarily kicked out of class for arguing with
a teacher
who told us nothing could live on other planets as here wasnt any
air,that it could be possible for a different type of "person" (little
green men or similar)to be able to live on Jupiter breathing the gases
that are there rather than air! - she kept me in at playtime for a week!!

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
72 roadster
(none of which were built at the time of aforementioned occurrence -
however it was 1962, year of MGB introduction thus LBC content
satisfied!)

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]