Re: GT Wing Window Wind Noise

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: GT Wing Window Wind Noise
From: George Coulouris <george@dcs.qmw.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 16:00:04 +0000
 * Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 11:53:57 -0800
 * From: Andy Ramm <aramm@concentric.net>
 * Subject: Help, GT Wing Window Wind Noise
 *
 * ...say that 10 times fast
 *
 * I have changed the wing window seal on the
 * passsenger side of my '67 GT (driver side is
 * next), but the wind noise on the passenger side
 * persists.  Any suggestion about wind noise
 * abatement in a GT, wing windows or any other
 * source?
 *

1. I got a worthwhile noise reduction by wedging 18 inches of 1/4 inch
plastic tubing into the gutters on either side of the windscreen. Clear
plastic tubing is unobtrusive in this position and it doesn't seem to cause
any problems when it rains.

2. One dark night somebody stole the door mirrors off my BGT. The noise
level was reduced some more, but I've had to put new ones on 'cos I need
the view.

3. No other experience on noise reduction, but I've been wondering about
streamlining the quarter-light hinges.

George Coulouris
78 BGT 47,000 miles