Re: Radio in B [was RE: Off-Topic--Microsoft Bundling Practice]

To: Carol <car@intersatx.net>
Subject: Re: Radio in B [was RE: Off-Topic--Microsoft Bundling Practice]
From: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 15:23:23 -0800
Carol wrote:

> At 08:35 AM 2/12/98 -0500, Nunez, Eduardo wrote:
>
> >To add some LBC content:  what radio setups do the list member have?

        Since my stereos in my traveling vehicle blow up so often, I've often
come to
rigging up a basic stereo to provide some sound while the tape deck is in the
shop*.
Silly as it may sound, the best sound I've ever produced from my truck's stereo
is
from a discman, an amp, and four good speakers.  I ran the discman to the amp,
which
powers two 6" round speakers, and also powers two 8" truck boxes with tweeters.
 I am
really amazed at how good it sounds - it's much better than the expensive tape
deck
that breakes every six months!  The other nice bonus is that the CD player
disappears
into a glovebox or center console when it's not in use.  You can really amaze
people
by having music "appear" from the speakers without a stereo in sight!  I'll
probably
keep this setup for this summer when my MGB gets on the road...Plus I get to
fit
one of those bitchin' blanking plates!  But that's my .02 worth...

--
Michael S. Lishego
St. Andrews Presbyterian College

*For those of you interested, my stereo is under severe stress - when I travel
to and
from school, it is often plaving about 8 or 9 hours without a rest.  The unit
overheats, and I send it back to the folks at Jensen for repairs.  Six months
later -
repeat process!