Re: Turn Signal Mystery

To: "RossOvercash" <jroverca@tiac.net>, "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Re: Turn Signal Mystery
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 07:40:52 -0800
Ross and others....

This tends to happen when the incorrect bulbs are used in the turn signals.
The "draw" on the flasher unit is what causes the bi-metallic strip to heat
up and make and break the circuit, causing the bulbs to flash. If the bulbs
are the incorrect wattage, the draw does not meet the requirements of the
flasher can. When the lights are on, or the wipers working, the amount of
current available to the can changes and will stop the lights flashing if
the bulbs aren't exactly the right ones, even if they do flash when nothing
else is turned on.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center
"Even an un-scientific-sounding answer can be correct if based on practical
experience"

<AdrianJones@compuserve.com>