Re: Restoring Old Seat Belts

To: "John McEwen" <mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca>,
Subject: Re: Restoring Old Seat Belts
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 98 10:38:32 -0500
On 2/13/98 6:43 PM so and so  John McEwen said. (And I quote)

>Hi Dan and list:
>
>It looks like I may have to do something about the driver's belt in my B.
>The damn knot keeping the two halves together keeps catching in the door.
>I guess its an improvement on the dozen cars I own which don't have belts.
>
>John
>
>I'm quite sure that using belt material from a wrecked car will be quite
>safe.  Don't take it out of a car which has suffered terminal
>decelleration.  Pick one which just died naturally.
>
>JM

Good Point. A stressed belt must be replaced in any car - let alone an
LBC. DO NOT use a belt from a wrecked car that had it's belts stressed in
any fashion. Weathering will cause a degradation of the material as well
but that is a different story.

Larry Macy
78 Midget