Not Parting is such sweet sorrow.

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Not Parting is such sweet sorrow.
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 18:34:37 -0600 (CST)
Was a bit of a bummer day. I had to remove as much as I could from my
two parts cars in about two hours as they were be picked up and headed
to the scrap yard. The town building department was busting chops about
them being in the parking lot of my friend's British Car service
facility. Got the engine out of the 78 and the head, distributor,
radiator and odds and ends off the 70 but both still had front ends,
rear ends and dash gages and the seventy had the block and trans (not
an O/D). In fact the more I think about them, the more stuff I remember
was left on them. By the same token, I did get both cars for under $200
(most of which was towing cost) and did get alot of stuff off them,
just wish I had an extra day of pick'n time.

I say that my British car buying days are over but realize, every time
I lock up all four at the sight of a LBC with no plates on it sitting
way up a driveway or in a yard, that I'm lying to myself. The fact that
I'm still driving a tow truck one day per weekend and can easily borrow
the rigs anytime makes some of these abandonned beauty almost
irresistable. I think it was Richard Liddick (MGs of Baltimore LTD) who
said that "allowing you (me) to operate tow apparatus is like giving a
junkie a job in the pharmacy".

Sorry I have not been more wordy on the list of late but once the
weather starts to turn and the events season starts kick'n in I'll have
alot more to say.

Safety Fast,
David Deutsch
Membership Coordinator
North American MGB Register
1-800-NAMGBR-1 for information
Current holding down to:
75, 77 and 79 Bs (don't count son's (Adam) 72 B) and 58 Austin A95
Countryman
For East Coast, North America events info check out my page at:
http://www.mgcars.org.uk/clubs/deutsch.html  Updated weekly.