Front end work...

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Front end work...
From: ame@synaptics.com
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 98 19:16:57 Pst
     Hi all,

     I am fairly new to this list, but have been working on my MG for about
     6 months now.  My next job is the front end.  Springs and shocks are
     okay, but my A-arm pivots are bent, and whilst I'm under there I plan
     to replace most of the rubbery bits and the brake flex lines.  Once
     that is all square I shall replace the WW hubs and fit new wheels and
     tyres (oh, please please please, can I?)

     I would very much appreciate advice on the following questions (and I
     want to do these jobs in weekend-sized chunks as this is my daily
     driver):

     1) Have I identified all the rubber bits to replace, and are there any
     other components, (washers, pins, nuts, bolts etc.) that I should
     order in as spares (I plan to re-use all parts that are on the car
     right now):

     A-arm pivot bush (4) (will use V8 type)
     Top trunnion bush (4)
     Outer balljoint boot (2)
     Lower fulcrum seal (4)
     Anti-roll bar bush (2)

     (The anti-roll bar bearing/bush is okay)

     2) Is there anything else worth doing whilst I'm at it?

     3) Can I treat replacing the rubber gaiters on the steering rack as a
     separate job, or is it easier to do it with the other work?

     4) The RHS splash panel is missing (I can't believe I never
     noticed)!!!  How can I ascertain there is no damage before I fit a new
     panel and seal it up (there appears to be no rust, I could be lucky)

     5) Er...

     6) that's it.

     I consider myself very lucky to have this MG, it's in very good
     condition considering its age.  It must be true what they say about
     the Californian climate being good for it.

     Any and all advice gratefully received.

     Andy
     --
     '69 MGB Roadster