RE: TC Adventures

To: <rdwilt@pol.net>
Subject: RE: TC Adventures
From: "John Swanland" <swanland@cato.wesley.vic.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 17:19:25 +1100

My TD crank is also purely ornmental but would love to know the proper

sequence/method to starting a T-series with the crank.

I'll try!

Part of the trick is to get the dog nut on the end of the crankshaft at the
correct position so that you hit compression when your arm is at its
strongest position.  A shim is used under the nut to achieve this.

Set the slow running control to a higher than notmal idle.  You also need
the original choke cable that stays out when you given it a twist.  Give it
a bit of choke.

Check that you're in neutral (I have forgetten this step at least once!)and
that the handbrake is on.

Give a couple of turns on the crank, then turn on the ignition and give it a
couple of fast cranks.  It usually starts.

regards

John Swanland
Melbourne Australia